There are many things to consider when it comes to how to sell eBooks online. For instance, creating a catchy title and eBook cover are both important factors to selling your eBook. In addition, having a great marketing plan is important. However, one of the biggest decisions you need to make is where you want to sell your eBook.
If you want, you can simply put your eBook up on your blog, set up a shopping cart to accept payments, and then wait for some sales to come in. However, this will not earn you a lot of money unless you are an established authority in your niche. If you really want to earn money, then you have to use a service that will help you reach customers.
Using kindle is the quickest and easiest way to get your eBook up for sale. Uploading your eBook is an easy ten minute process of entering in information such as the title, description, keywords, and author, and then uploading the eBook cover and book file. After you choose the price for your eBook, it will be ready to sell within 12 hours.
Amazon makes it easy for people to read your book too. Interested buyers do not have to own a kindle in order to read it; they just have to download an app on their computer, tablet, or smartphone, and then they are able to buy and read your eBook.
Advantages Of Using Kindle
- Your eBook will be for sale within hours of uploading it.
- They promote your book alongside other relevant books once you make a sale or two.
- You can end up on their best selling list, which can skyrocket the amount of people who see your eBook.
- Customers can leave reviews of your eBook, which can help build your credibility.
- Amazon takes care of the sale.
- You can distribute your eBook around the world.
- Depending on your price, you can earn 30% or 70% royalty.
- It is very easy to make changes to your eBook without disrupting the sales.
- If you enroll your eBook in kdp select, you can earn money from borrows, and you can promote your eBook for free for up to 5 days a month.
Disadvantages Of Using Kindle
- The average price is quite low. Most people sell their eBooks at a price of $0.99-$8.99.
- Depending on your niche, there can be a lot of competition.
- You don’t know who the buyers are.
This is the largest marketplace for information products. It can take a few business days to get your eBook up to sell, but many people find that the wait is worth it.
With ClickBank, you must have a sales page ready to sell your eBook. Interested people will come to your sales page, and if they buy, ClickBank will take care of the buying process. ClickBank also helps get people to your site by promoting your eBook to affiliates in their marketplace.
Advantages Of Using ClickBank
- Your eBook will be in front of thousands of hungry affiliates who want to promote your product on their blog, through advertising, and in social media.
- You can set a higher price for your eBook. Most eBooks run from $14.99 to $39.99.
- You can set the commission you want affiliates to make.
- You can capture the buyer email address and promote more products to them at full commission.
- You can build an email list for your affiliates and inform them of updates and future eBooks they can promote.
Disadvantages Of Using ClickBank
- You have to create tools for affiliates to use; otherwise, they may not be as willing to promote your product.
- You have to offer affiliates a good commission in order to gain their interest.
- Your product has to do well in sales in order for affiliates to keep promoting it.
- You should maintain a relationship with your affiliates.
In short, using ClickBank is a lot more work than using Kindle. However, if you are planning to sell eBooks as a full time business, then you can gain a lot more exposure through ClickBank.
In the end, the information above should give you some insight about how to sell eBooks online and, more importantly, which route you want to take.